This couscous salad is fresh and zesty. Its a great side dish, but its also a meal in itself. Its even better chilled the next day.
Trust me, its delicious!
1.Pour hot water over 1 and 3/4 cups of couscous and leave to soften.
- 1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts
- 1 small spanish onion chopped finely
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 lebanese cucumber finely chopped, with skin
- 1 vine ripened tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- season with salt and pepper
3. Combine these ingredients with the loosened couscous and serve!!
Serves 6 as a side salad.
Tip: Its delicious served with lamb cutlets and minted yoghurt.
from Something Gorgeous